Outlined below are some practical matters that will help MINI FOOTBALL run smoothly.
We would like to have teams of comparable ability playing each other, this can be helped by you handing in the score and feedback to the Co-ordinator, or emailing it to the administrator email@example.com. Please ensure the children are told what the rules of MINI FOOTBALL are to help them enjoy the game.
1. The draw for each Tuesday’s games will be emailed to all schools involved and to team managers emails, when provided. The draw can also be viewed on the A-frame by the pitches and on the Nelson Suburbs FC website: http://www.nelsonsuburbs.co.nz/minifootball.aspx
2. Your team’s game will either start at 4.30pm or 5.00 pm
3. The games are always at Saxton Field, usually around the Radio Mast, see map on the website and on the A-frame by the pitches.
4.If your game starts at 4.30pm you will need to arrive by 4.15 pm so that you can:
- Have your team ready on the field when the hooter goes at 4.30pm.
- Decide which team manager will referee each half of the game.
5. The team that is listed first in the draw is to pick up the game ball from the MINI FOOTBALL Co-ordinator and take this to your playing field. We will have whistles available, but you may wish to supply your own in the interests of keeping healthy...
6. The game starts when the hooter sounds at either 4.30pm or 5.00 pm.
- The game will run for 13 minutes, then the hooter will sound again to signal half time. Children can have a break for a couple of minutes to get a drink if they wish.
- Please note that the hooter will NOT sound again to start the second half, so only give the kids a short break.
- Teams swap ends at half time.
- You as the referee will need to get the game going again.
7. The game will finish when the hooter sounds after 26 minutes of running time.
8. Please leave the ball for the team which follows you at 5.00pm.
9.If you are playing at 5.00pm you will need to have your team ready to go on the field as soon as the hooter sounds at 4.56pm to finish the previous game.
- You will have only four minutes to get your team organized before the hooter sounds to start your game at 5.00pm.
- The hooter will sound again at 5.13 to signal half time.
- As above, give the kids a short drinks break if they want one, get them to swap ends and then the referee starts the game again.
10. The hooter will sound again at 5.26pm to finish the game.
11.Please hand in the ball at end of game.
12. We do not keep game scores
- But the scores help us in getting more even teams playing each other.
- Please hand in the score and/or feedback from the game to the Co-ordinator, or email it to the administrator firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Cancellations: if the weather is seriously wet we will email all schools involved and the team managers, (when emails provided) prior to 2.30 pm. We will also post a cancellation notice on the website http://www.nelsonsuburbs.co.nz/minifootball.aspx
If you are not sure about any aspect of MINI FOOTBALL please talk to the Co-ordinator or email the administrator email@example.com
Your feedback on what we are doing is welcome.