A chance to play football over summer! AMI Nelson Suburbs are running a Summer Soccer league for all ages and abilities. Our aim is to provide you and your friends the opportunity to have
a fun night out, playing the "Beautiful Game".
Monday 17 October to Wednesday 7 December 2016 (8 weeks)
(Mon 12 Dec and Wed 14 Dec will be reserve nights if we have cancellations)
Monday 16 January to Wednesday 22 February 2017 (6 weeks)
(Mon 27 Feb and Wed 1 Mar will be reserve nights if we have cancellations)
This includes the competition running on the evenings of Labour Day (24 Oct), Nelson Anniversary (30 Jan) and Waitangi Day observed (6 Feb).
- All games are 6-aside
- All games are played on either Mondays or Wednesdays (Family Grade just Wednesdays)
- The games start at either 6pm, 6:45pm or 7:30pm and are 20 minutes each way
- The whole season includes 3 weeks of grading games, 10 weeks of league games and one week for friendlies, presentations etc.
- League winners are found by adding up the points from all 10 league games
We'll post on this website and send out an email to the team managers, by 4.30 pm if we have to cancel.
All games are played at Saxton Field. The games are on the pitches around the aerial.
- Social Grade ($240) any combination of players
- Mixed Grade ($240) must have at least 3 women or 3 players under 14 years on the park at all times
- Family Grade ($175) a combination of 2 parents and 4 children 11 years and under on the park at all times. Parents can't score or go in goal
Teams can have a squad of more than 6 players, but all games are 6-aside and play rolling subs.
The Family Grade is intended to be very child focused and to be played in an even less competitive atmosphere. The Family Grade will be run on Wednesday nights. A team made up by parents
and children could be suited to play in the Mixed Grade or a lower Social Grade.
Please provide information about your team on the registration form, eg; ages, abilities, genders etc. If you are re-registering it would be good to know if your team name has changed and
if the team will be similar to last year. This will all help us with grading.
We will do our best to get you into your preferred grade, but will notify you if we can't because of numbers.
Registrations are closed
Team Manager - your team needs a team manager who we can contact by email and phone. The team managers will receive draws each week and any correspondence from us, they
are also responsible for making sure that the whole team knows the Summer Soccer Rules and for enforcing that the games are played in the Summer Soccer Spirit.
Payment must be made by Friday the 30th of September (if not your place may be allocated to another team).
Any queries can be sent to Sandy Hamson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments can be made in 2 ways:
- Direct credit; Westpac 03-0703-0354112-02 (please use team name as reference and note this is a specific Summer Soccer
- Cheque (post to Nelson Suburbs, P O Box 2161, Stoke, Nelson 7041)
Whilst we hope you'll never need to be stretchered off the field and taken to hospital in one of these, they'll be on hand for all summer soccer games for a cold compress or
bandage if needed. They have plenty of awesome colours to choose from!