First Kicks Football - Our First Kicks program is for the very beginner at the youngest age: 4 - 6 years of age.
About First Kicks
The emphasis is on delivering a fun session with small skill based drills and small sided games. Children develop skills through contact with one ball each and lots of touches on the ball.
Can you help?
These sessions can't run without the help of parents. If you are able to help run activities through the hour-long session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to help.
Sessions are held at Saxton Field cricket oval from 9:15am - 10am. The season will run throughout term 2 and 3 with a break during the holidays. See our Fees & Registration page for more information about fees and how to pay/register. We will post more information about the season start as it draws nearer.
Fun Football - Our Fun Football program caters for 7 - 8 year olds (7th & 8th grades).
About Fun Football
Fun Football is the next step up from First Kicks - these sessions are held from 10am at Saxton Fields cricket oval on Saturday mornings through terms 2-3.
What is Fun Football?
- Small sided games of 3-5 players
- Small football pitches of 20m x 30m with popup goals and no goalkeepers
- Games are 15 minutes long and each team plays two games with a size 3 ball
Junior Football - Junior football is for 9 - 14 year olds (9th - 14th grades)
When do we play?
All games are played at varying locations around the region on Saturday mornings, but trainings are held at Saxton Field during the week.
- 9th Grade - 7-aside football on small fields (55m x 35m) using a size 3 ball, 20 minute halves
- 10th Grade - 7-aside football on small fields (55m x 35m) using a size 4 ball, 25 minute halves
- 11th Grade - 9-aside football on small fields (70m x 50m) using a size 4 ball, 25 minute halves
- 12th Grade - 9-aside football on small fields (70m x 50m) using a size 4 ball, 30 minute halves
- 13th Grade - 11-aside football on full sized fields using a size 4 ball, 30 minute halves
- 14th Grade - 11-aside football on full sized fields using a size 5 ball, 35 minute halves
When do we train?
Please note that some of these days and times may change once the season starts. For further information about our grades and teams please check with your coaches or contact Sandy Hamson on 0275525668.
- 9th Grade: Wednesdays 3:30 – 4:30 pm (All teams)
- 10th Grade: Wednesdays 4 – 5 pm (Rebels) Wednesdays 5.15 – 6.15 pm (Blazers & Raptors)
- 11th Grade: Tuesdays 4.30 - 5.45 pm (All teams)
- 12th Grade: Tuesdays 4.30 – 5.45 pm (Avengers - Lachlan/Daymon) Wednesdays 3.45 – 5 pm (Sleeping Lions)
- 13th Grade: Tuesdays 5 – 6.30 pm (Bombers & Rovers) Tuesdays 4.45 – 6 pm (Geckos - James M)
- 14th Grade: Sundays 5 – 6.30 pm (Stingers) Thursdays (TBC)
Junior Girls Grade:
- Tuesdays 4.45 – 5 pm (Sparks - Trevor M)