A chance to play football over summer!
Nelson Suburbs are running a Summer Soccer league for all ages and abilities.
Our aim is to provide you and your friends the opportunity to have a ‘FUN’ night out, playing the ’Beautiful Game’.
- All games are 6-aside with rolling subs
- All games are played on either Mondays or Wednesdays (Family Grade just Wednesdays)
- The games start at either 6pm, 6:45pm or 7:30pm and are 20 minutes each way
- League winners are found by adding up the points from all league games
We'll post these on our Facebook page, Nelson Suburbs Football Club, and send out an email to the team managers, by 4.30 pm if we have to cancel.
All games are played at Saxton Field. The games are on the pitches around the aerial.
Your team must have a team manager who we can contact by email and phone. The team managers will be our point of contact. They are also responsible for making sure that the whole team knows the Summer Soccer Rules and for enforcing that the games are played in the ‘Summer Soccer Spirit’. Please supply us with the email address and phone number of your team manager.
Registrations Open: Monday 27 August 2018
Registrations Close: Friday 5 October 2018
Labour Day: Monday 22 October 2018
Nelson Anniversary Day: Monday 4 February 2019 (normal competition is played)
Waitangi Day: Tuesday 6 February 2019
The draws will be published on our website. Please check these each week as we will not be emailing these out regularly. We will have paper draws on display for you outside.
It is important that someone is responsible for entering your score on the paper draw after each game. Failure to do this will result in no score being recorded which will affect your overall standing.
Summer Soccer Field Map
We will play three weeks of grading games to kick the leagues off. Hopefully this will give us a good indication as to where teams sit for the remainder of the competition.
Please enter your team colour in along with your team name, eg - Bryce's Boys (Blue). The second team in the draw must change their colours if there is a clash (we will provide bibs - please see the summer soccer co-ordinator for these).
Registrations for Summer Soccer are now open! Competition dates are Monday 29 October - Wednesday 12 December 2018, resuming again Monday 14 January - Wednesday 6 March 2019.
MONDAY & WEDNESDAY NIGHTS:
Social Grade ($240): Any combination of players
Mixed Grade ($240): Must have at least 3 women or 3 players under 14 years on the park at all times
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS ONLY:
Family Grade ($175): This grade is intended to be very child focused and played in a less competitive atmosphere. A combination of 2 parents and 4 children 11 years and under on the park at all times. Parents can't score or go in goal
Youth Grade ($175): A new league we are trialing this summer for youth players aged 10 - 13 years inclusive. Teams can consist of all girls, all boys or a mixture. Inclusive means that you can also include a mix of those ages.
Please provide information about your team on the registration form, eg - ages, abilities, genders etc. If you are re-registering it would be good to know if your team name has changed and if the team will be similar to last year. This will all help us with grading.
We will do our best to get you into your preferred grade and night, but will notify you if we can't, because of numbers.
When you have finished your registration you will be sent a confirmation email. If you don't receive one please contact us on email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is not confirmed until full payment is made!
Please make payment to Nelson Suburbs FC, Westpac, Nelson – 030703 0354112-02.
Fees MUST be paid by Friday 12 October 2018. Unpaid fees may result in teams being withdrawn from the competition.
Summer Soccer Rules of Play
All the rules of Football apply with the variations as set out below. Games are not refereed, so it is up to the teams to ensure that all players know the rules and to play the game in an honest manner and play fairly.
- The goal half circle line is a vertical line from the ground to the sky. Contact with the ball must be made outside this line. The only person who may play the ball when the whole ball is within the half circle is the goalie. If a player is standing outside the line but makes contact inside the line they are offside and a free kick is to be awarded to the goalie to be taken anywhere inside the circle. If a player makes contact with the ball outside the circle and their momentum takes them into the circle they are not offside unless they interfere with the goalie. Where the ball is on the half circle line the ball is deemed to be in play and contact may be made by field players provided they are not within the half circle.
- The goalie is the only player allowed in the goal half circle. If an attacking player enters and interferes with play a free kick is awarded to the goalkeeper. If a defender enters and interferes with play a penalty is awarded to the attacking team at the middle point of the circle. A one step run up is all that is allowed for the person taking the penalty. Teams must agree on whether a penalty applies at the time. If the game progresses beyond this point without a penalty it is deemed that no penalty was applicable.
- When the ball leaves the field of play:
Over the side line - it is kicked in where it went out.
Over the goal line - it is a corner or a goal kick.
Corner - Where the defending team kicks the ball out over the goal line the kick in is taken from the corner point of the field.
Goal kick - Where the attacking team kicks the ball out over the goal line the defending team goalkeeper takes a goal kick from anywhere inside the half circle.
The ball is deemed 'out of play' when the whole ball is over the field boundary line. Please note a goal cannot be scored directly from a side line kick in, a corner, or from a kick off.
- Substitutions can occur at any time and players must swap on and off at the same point on the field. If substitutions occur for territorial advantage a free kick can be awarded for ungentlemanly conduct. Goalie substitutions may only occur when the ball is dead.
- The opposing team must retire three metres when any goal kick, kick in or free kick is taken.
- Offside and back pass rules to goalies do not apply. Kick offs at the start of game and when goals are scored can be forward or backward.
- No slide tackles are allowed. In particular slide tackles from behind the player with the ball and entering a tackle with studs directed to the opposite player are deemed dangerous play that warrants a free kick and potentially the dismissal of the player involved.
- Players can play for more than one team including more than one team in each grade so long as they are regular players for that team. If you are short of players you can call on players from teams in a lower grade (excluded in this are known soccer players who would be seen to be giving your team an advantage). The only exception to this is a higher league player who is not a goalie filling in as a goalie. A team found to have played a fill in player in breach of this rule will be deemed to have forfeited the game and the result would be recorded as a 3-0 loss to the team in breach of this rule
- If a team defaults twice they will be removed from the competition with no reimbursement of entry fee.
- The Nelson Suburbs Football Club Committee reserves the right to amend these Rules at any time to ensure they provide appropriate guidance to players for the safe playing of games.